We are happy to announce the winning logo for Community Pride designed by local artist Sean Bailey! Thank you to everyone who submitted wonderful art, and congrats to Sean for designing the winning logo!
NOTE: The deadline for logo submissions has been extended to April 15th! We encourage all to send in logos ❤ We especially encourage QTIPOC to send in designs!
Help design Columbus Community Pride! We are inviting community members to submit logo designs for our upcoming Columbus Community Pride. Anyone can submit and the artist whose design is chosen will be paid $150!
What Community Pride is about
We are committed to bringing Pride back to its radical roots, highlighting movement leaders such as Marsha P. Johnson, QTIPOC history, and the legacy of protest instead of bending to corporate and state interests. Our Pride will not be for police or corporate organizations. Rather, it will be a grassroots effort in support of the seeds of Pride: a community-based coalition which furthers the safety and liberty of the most marginalized in our communities. Pride started as a riot. Let’s uproot the weeds of corporate interest, white, cis-centric, and ableist events, as well as cooperation with state-sanctioned violence in order to grow the promise of liberation for QTIPOC in Central Ohio and beyond. It all starts at the roots.
All entries must:
- Be a black and white drawing (something that can easily be screen printed with one color)
- Include the name “Community Pride”
- Reflect the spirit of what Community Pride is about
Guidelines for submitting
- Send your submissions to email@example.com with the subject line “logo submission”
- Include your name, pronouns, and a two-sentence bio with the submission.
- You may submit multiple entries.
- Any file format is okay (jpeg, png, etc.) but if your entry is chosen we will work with you to create a high-resolution version.
- All submissions are due by 11:59pm April 15th
The winning logo design will appear on the Community Pride website and Facebook, as well as banners, posters, t-shirts, and other memorabilia before and during the Community Pride Festival. All submissions will appear together on this page and at the Community Pride Festival.
Make your mark on the first ever Columbus Community Pride and help us bring Pride back to its roots!