Submit to ONYX – our zine where we’ll be showcasing what pride means to us and how we celebrate pride for ourselves, each other, and our legacy.
The main theme is QTIPOC pride. You can interpret this in any way you want, but here are some questions to help inspire your work:
- What does pride mean to you?
- Does pride equal freedom? If so, what does that freedom look like?
- What gives you pride in being LGBTQIA+ and POC?
- How do you take pride in yourself?
- How does the legacy of QTIPOC activism affect you today?
WHAT YOU CAN SUBMIT:
- Visual: drawings, paintings, digital designs, renderings, photos, collages, prints, comics
- Written: poems, essays, articles, memoirs, recipes, rituals, spells, lyrics, life hacks, tutorials, advice, slogans
- 1-2 original art submissions
- Size: 8.5 x 5.5 in (half a regular page)
- File formats: word docs, pdf’s, images (jpeg, png, etc.)
- Printing info: black & white at 300dpi
- Submission deadline: May 15th
To submit, email email@example.com with your submission(s), name, pronouns, and a short 1-2 sentence bio. If you’re also interested in selling your art at the zine release or the Community Pride Festival, let us know in your email ❤